Friday, May 7, 2010

CAS: GENTLER TIMES

It's Friday!!!!! Yay!!!!! and I have the entire weekend FREE of comittments! THAT IS SO WONDERFUL!!!!! I haven't been very productive this week at home so I'm looking forward to some time in the morning working in the flower beds, doing some cleaning around the house mid-morning and then spending time in the early afternoon with my hubby before he heads off to work. Then what???? You guessed correctly! I'll be off to my studio to play! ALLLLLLL AFTERNOON AND EVENING!

This is the only card I've made all week. I only had a few minutes so it is a quick, clean and simple one. Sometimes that's all we have time for and if you can hit it just right they are beautiful in their simplicity. I think THIS is one of those cards.

The inspriation for this card came from a spool of satin ribbon I have had for evah! I pulled it out of the drawer and decided today was the day it was going to get used. It is a 5/8" wide satin ribbon with a design in PALE PLUM and OLD OLIVE. (I know you don't see the ribbon in the photo - I'll tell you where it is in a while).

In all my years as a SU! Stamper and Demonstrator, I don't think I've EVER used PALE PLUM. I have several sheets of cardstock, don't own the reinker, and have an almost dried up ink pad. But that's the ONLY color that worked with the ribbon so it's the one I used. Now it's retiring and I find that it makes a beautifully soft card and I LIKE it. That figures doesn't it????

Anyway - I stamped an image from SU! GENTLER TIMES onto WHIPSER WHITE cardstock and cut it out using one of the SPELLBINDERS NESTABILITIES. Then I cut a larger shape from the same Nesties set and sponged it with PALE PLUM ink before removing the cardstock from the NESTIE. I used DIMENSIONALS to pop the image up off the sponged piece.

The cardbase is WHISPER WHITE with a piece of PALE PLUM cardstock cut 1/4" smaller on all sides. I cut another piece of WHISPER WHITE cardstock 1/8" smaller than the PALE PLUM piece on all sides, then embossed it with the CUTTLEBUG TEXTILE EMBOSSING folder. The pattern to this embossing folder matches the inspiration ribbon perfectly!

A few more DIMENSIONALS to pop up the center piece and it's finished. Very simple, very elegant.

Where did I put the ribbon? Back in the drawer of course! LOL!

Have a great day and until next time -
Happy Stamping!

Jill

2 comments:

Kay M said...

This is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL card! I love the simplicity and softness of it...and you are right...we finally find a color that we love and they retire it!! Murphy's Law!!

Louise said...

Loved the "ribbon back in the drawer" comment. It's so true.
Love the card. Glad you have some creative time coming up.