Tuesday, May 11, 2010

FROM GARBAGE TO GOLD

Remember the other day I posted a masculine graduation card and made the comment that feminine cards were no problem for me - this is one of the reasons. I am the owner of a VERY cute stamp for girls. The stamp is manufactured by 'ART GONE WILD". You can order one of their catalogs HERE. I purchased this one several years ago though so I don't know if it is still available.



I wanted to keep this card very simple with just a couple of embellishments. The cardbase is WHISPER WHITE embossed with a CUTTLEBUG embossing folder. The image was stamped with MEMENTO TUXEDO BLACK ink onto NEENAH CLASSIC SOLAR WHITE cardstock, colored with COPIC markers then matted onto BRILLIANT BLUE cardstock.

My favorite part though is the tassel! I've had it tucked away for almost 16 years! It belonged to my mother and I inherited it among her sewing things when she died. The funny thing about this is I had just tossed this tassel into my studio garbage a few days before while I was doing some cleaning, figuring if I hadn't used it in all this time I never would. Then when I made this card I thought it needed a tassel and remembered the one I'd thrown away. It would be perfect but it was in the garbage! So, what else could I do but dig through the garbage to find it!!!! EWWWWWWW!!!!!!! Fortunately for me, there was only paper in there so it wasn't damaged and I wasn't totally grossed out!

To add the tassel, I used a CRAFT KNIFE and cut small slits across the top and bottom edges of the "DREAM BIG" sign and then weaved the tassel loop behind and up through the matted image. Using wire cutters, I cut the loop from the plastic star button and adhered it into place with a GLUE DOT.

It really is a quick and simple card - but one I think is very cheery.

Until Next Time -
Happy Stamping!

Jill

1 comment:

Kay M said...

Very, very cute...and what a novel idea with the tassel!! TFS! :)