Sunday, May 2, 2010

DAISIES OR ASTERS?

What a question? Who can't tell the difference between a daisy and an aster? Right? But when you look at my card today - you might be a little confused yourself.

My inspiration for this design came from this card . I knew I had that same Cuttlebug Embossing Border but had only used it once. To me, the flower on the embossing border is obviously a daisy. I embossed three strips on whisper white then lightly sponged them in Close to Cocoa, Real Rust and More Mustard (I am going to MISS those ink colors!) I adhered those to a lovely piece of designer paper and put the entire piece on a cardbase of More Mustard. Then I added a lovely length of brown ribbon that has a light shimmer and is trimmed with just a hint of a metallic mustard color.

Now comes the confusing part. The card begged for autumn colors so I chose two autumn colored daisies in coordinating colors and sizes. Punched some mustard branches and created, not a daisy, but an ASTER. Guess I won't be sending this out for a summer birthday!

Oh well, I like the result anyway. The amber color gemstones finish it nicely.


Until Next Time -
Happy Stamping!

Jill

No comments: