Wednesday, May 12, 2010

FAVOR BOX

A friend of mine is hostessing a bridal shower in a couple of months and asked for some ideas for gifts for the guests. I suggested a few items and various packaging ideas but got this one stuck in my head and wanted to "see" it.


In my mind's eye, I envisioned an all white box/flower with a ribbon wrapped from bottom to top to seal the box closed. I also envisioned the box made from a shimmery white paper like STAMPIN'UP!'s SPECIALTY PAPER: BRIDE. But I don't own any shimmery white paper and was too anxious to put the box together to wait until I could order some. THIS then is my compromise and actually quite pretty.



I started by creating the box lid from WHISPER WHITE cardstock. I cut a 5" square, scored it at 1" on all sides then embossed it. Next I slit the right bottom corner along the vertical score line from paper edge to horizontal score line forming a tab. I rotated the cardstock and repeated that step on the other 3 corners. Once all the tabs were created, I fold along all the score lines and glued the tabs to the inside creating the lid. The bottom section of the box was created basically the same. The paper was reinforced with cardstock then cut at 7 7/8" square. Then scored at 2.5" on all sides.


My favorite part is the paper flower. I LOVE making these! They are so pretty - and soooooo easy to make. This one was made from white computer paper. I punched 8 layers with the STAMPIN'UP! SCALLOPED CIRCLE PUNCH, lightly sponged each layer with SU!BLUSH BLOSSOM ink, then folded, crinkled, wadded and unwrapped each one so that I could join them together in the center with a small brad. Once joined together I crinkled and wadded each layer again, pushed down the edges of the center layers and VOILA! a pretty little dahlia-type flower. There are variations too. If you want a "countrified" flower, leave the inner petals unfurled and add a button. VERY cute!

Until Next Time -
Happy Stamping!

Jill


2 comments:

Gloria said...

Can you bring your lovely creation Sat to Stamp/scrap day?
I love this little box and the flower on top.

Paula said...

this is so pretty, and thank you for showing how you did it. I esp. like the flower, I intend to try this. Enjoying your blog.