Friday, October 9, 2009

BABIES & BEARS

My niece is expecting a baby girl in early December and we had the first of three baby showers to attend last night. I had gone shopping earlier in the week and bought the most adorable deep, burgundy velvet overall style outfit with a bugundy & white toile longsleeve onesie. It was adorable. The best part about the outfit to me though was the gorgeous hooded, burgundy velvet jacket that matched it. It was extremely vintage appearing - and oh, so cute.

So, as I popped into the hobby store at the LAST minute to buy the gift bag it dawned on me that I hadn't made her card! I have made 40 invitations for the baby shower but here I was - a cardmaker - about to go to a babyshower with a storebought card!!! ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! I had picked up a sticker page to decorate the plain pink gift bag and decided to use one of the stickers from the set to make a matching card.


Isn't this bear adorable???? My niece has decorated her nursery with a floral print and striped bedset in pink, brown and celery so this little bear matched her theme almost perfectly. I also used the flowers from the sticker set and added buttons and embossed cardstock using SWISS DOTS and STYLIZED FLOWERS embossing folders to provide the dimension and texture.

Thanks for visiting with me today - and enjoy your day doing what you love to do!

Happy Stamping!
Jill

2 comments:

Sarah said...

This is really cute. You are so creative. sj

craftieodmae said...

this is beautiful! You could enter it over a Just Us Girls challenge.