Sunday, October 4, 2009

POP! GOES THE . . .

Christmas Tree! I know - you thought I was going to say "weasel" didn't you?????


I bought the SU! POP UP CHRISTMAS TREE DIE and finally decided to give it a go today. It's a little tricky - but now that I've put one together I think the next one will go together much faster.

I used a variety of products to create this card. The striped designer paper is non-SU! as are the shaped die cut-outs. The rest of the products are from Stampin'Up! and include RUBY RED, ALWAYS ARTICHOKE and WHISPER WHITE CARD STOCK, the POP UP CHRISTMAS TREE DIE, THE CHRISTMAS PUNCH stamp set, the LOVELY AS A TREE stamp set, OLD OLIVE 1/4" GROSGRAIN RIBBON, OVAL PUNCH, HOLIDAY TREASURES DESIGNER SERIES PAPER, BROCADE BLUE ink pad and markers in CHOCOLATE CHIP, OLD OLIVE, and ALWAYS ARTICHOKE.
The finishing touch was the addition of irridescent glitter glue to the pine tree on the front of the card (after the photo was taken).

Hope you enjoyed your visit - and if you've been thinking about getting this die - DO IT! It really is fun and like most things looks better in real life. You can still get it for only $10 (which is how I got mine) by holding a $250 workshop. In addition to your regular hostess benefits you can get ANY item from the Holiday Mini Catalog for only $10. That's a savings of $40 for this particular item. Well worth it.

Thanks for visiting today -
and as always,
Happy Stamping!

Jill

3 comments:

StampDancer said...

This is stunning! I have the die and had not yet played with it because it seemed intimidating when I read the instructions. Now I'm encouraged by your post. Thanks so much!
Deb

craftieodamae said...

It's gorgeous !

Selma said...

This is outstanding. What a surprise to open and see this tree.