Sunday, October 4, 2009

SNOW COVERED PINES

I live less than a block away from two of our city parks. They both have these HUGE, wonderful pine trees. In one of them the trees line the road that winds through the park and in the winter, after a heavy snowfall - mmmmmm - it's like a winter wonderland. Forest colored trees in soft, white snow - glittering like diamonds. Absolutely breathtaking.

That's what this card reminds me of. I used WHISPER WHITE and RUBY RED cardstock, and the LOVELY AS A TREE stamp set (one of my all-time favorites) I stamped my image, added sky & clouds behind it and a little DIAMOND DUST to the trees for sparkle and then glued it to the rim of a DIAMOND DUST filled SWEET TREAT CUP so that my trees were centered in the window.

The RUBY RED cardstock was partially enclosed in the PETALS A PLENTY embossing folder then run through my BIGSHOT. I then colored the dots using the SIGNA WHITE GEL PEN. The greeting is from the set FOUR THE HOLIDAYS and is stamped in WHISPER WHITE CRAFT INK. I added ribbon, punched pine branches and a thread-tied button to finish.
I hope you're not tired of Christmas cards yet. I love them and have about 50 to create for all the wonderful people on my Christmas card list.
Thanks for visiting today.
Until next time -
Happy Stamping!
Jill

2 comments:

Louise said...

Very clever and beautiful.
You come up with the greatest ideas!

Michelle Langefeld said...

Wow this is really beautiful...you have some of the best ideas. thanks for sharing