Monday, April 20, 2009

CAMEO APPEARANCES

Before I get into the info for today's post, I need to respond to a question I received re: yesterday's post. OMS is an acronym for Odorless Mineral Spirits which is used as a blending medium for wax based colored pencils to soften and blend pencil lines. I'm sorry for the confusion and in future I will be sure to write-out the meaning of any acronym I use. Also, when you leave a question for me to answer please do not sign in as anonymous. When using the anonymous option to sign in you are truly, completely anonymous and I have no means of contacting you directly.

Okay - now for today's card. My DH (dear husband or darling husband) loves to attend auctions and he NEVER comes back emptyhanded. At one of the recent auctions there was one item he needed but to get it he had to buy a box full of junk - rusty nails, papers, etc. Normally he would remove the item he wants and then just leave the box behind for them to re-sale at the next auction - but this time he brought the box home with him. Buried beneath all the junk was this piece of costume jewelry hanging from an old, discolored clasp. Definitely NOT something I would ever wear - but isn't it beautiful as an embellishment for this card?

Recipe:
Whisper White Cardstock
Night of Navy Cardstock
Paisley Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Martha Stewart Border Punch
SU! All Year Cheer Stamp
Night of Navy Ink
5/8" White Organdy Ribbon

That's it for today. Thanks for visiting and until tomorrow -

Happy Stamping!
Jill


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the card, Jill. I have been collecting old or disgarded jewelry for some time now. My DH picks up a whole jar of it for $3.99 at our local Thrift Store. It is so much fun to go through and see what goodies are in there.I can't buy embellishments for that price!!!

Have a happy stamping day!

Trish in Wisconsin

Deb said...

What a lovely card. The cameo is such an elegant touch.

LeAnne said...

Jill, this IS beautiful! My dad goes to auctions all the time and brings home boxes of junk for just one thing...sound familiar? Maybe I should check them out!!! Thanks for commenting on my card...yes, I think the artist you're referring to is Marjolein Bastin--actually I am doing one of her gargantuan cross-stitches right now! LOVE her artwork!

Becky said...

This is gorgeous Jill, I love the simplicity of this, the jewel makes look so elegant.