Thursday, April 2, 2009

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A DRAGONFLY

. . .

and you thought you had it bad!!!! I was taking my break at work today, doodling on a piece of scrap paper when all of a sudden a frog began to take shape. He was just sitting there looking up into the air - and I started thinking about what he was looking at. Well of course he'd be looking for a tasty, little insect. I was going to leave the image with just the frog so I could pop up a dragonfly or butterfly image above him - but then my imagination took flight and I saw this image in my head. I know - I'm warped - I can't help it!!!! Everytime I looked at this drawing today I smiled. Then tonight when I showed the drawing to my hubby - he laughed out loud. We must have been married too long because we apparently share that same whacked out sense of humor.

Anyway - I thought it would be fun to color and make a card with it - and the 'hang in there' sentiment seemed appropriate. I used my new Prisma colored pencils and mineral spirits to color the image, added some sponging to the edges then made the wings and eyes "pop out" by covering them with Crystal Effects (which doesn't show up in the photo.)


So what do you think? Any ideas for other sentiments I could use with it?

Thanks for visiting. Until the next time -

Happy Stamping!
Jill

2 comments:

Becky said...

This image is awesome and the coloring is great. I have chosen you to recieve an award because this blog makes me smile with the wonderful images you create, swing by and pick it up. You must create these and sell them, digtial or rubber, because I would buy this frog too. You go girl. :)
Blessing

Anonymous said...

Frog and bug are terrific! Love your coloring. I am just getting my first set of Prismacolors, wish me luck with the oms process.

Have a happy stamping day!

Trish in Wisconsin