Wednesday, April 1, 2009

NEW PROMOTION - NO JOKE!!!

The new Stampin'Up! promotion begins today - and that's no April Fools joke either. I've added hyperlinks to the right side bar of my blog which will open either of the current catalogs when you click on the picture. Make sure to check out the Occasions Mini - it has some really nice new sets - one of which I gave some sneak peeks of a while back. I will be placing the first order on April 15th so if there is anything you "can't live without" let me know by the 10th.

I also got a chance to try out a new Inkadinkadoo stamp set called Birds Galore . This set is a little out of my realm - it has a lot more frills than I normally prefer on animal designs - but I really liked the images. I stamped this image in Not Quite Navy then colored it using SU!markers . What an ugly choice of colors!!!! Nope - don't like it. Throw it away? No - just lay it aside and went come back to it later. When I came back I noticed that I had put it atop a scrap piece of embossed paper and thought it didn't look too bad up against the embossing. I cut a circle with my Nestabilities and laid the bird against it. The wing span of the bird just fit the circle and as I laid it together on my desktop I thought it looked like it was flying toward the moon - which is why I chose to sponge with So Saffron and Real Rust. It sort of gave it a moonglow.


The background paper was a happy find in my stash. I've had it for years and it just never fit a project that I was working on until this one. The little "stars" were perfect as was the matching color of blue that I used on the birds wings. The project to this point was looking a little "other worldly" - like something that inspires imagination - so I added the greeting from SU!'s Dream a Little hostess set to a scrap piece of sponged white cardstock then added three little bronze stars to finish. This is definitely different than my "normal" stamping style - but all in all I like the way it turned out. I keep thinking "Fly Me to the Moon" but when my hubby saw it, his response was "Peace on Earth" (yes - poor thing is color blind!) Hmmm - there's and idea though - maybe I'll keep that in mind for my Christmas cards this year!

Until tomorrow - happy stamping.
Jill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How creative your card is. Funny how it all came together in the end. Things like that sometimes look the best. We have to stretch ourselves every now and then. I am glad that you tried something different and had such a great result!

Have a happy stamping day and a Happy April Fool's Day!

Trish in Wisconsin