Saturday, April 11, 2009

HAS THE MOJO RETURNED???

Perhaps - at least in a lesser amount than usual - my mojo has begun to creep back. I had the entire day yesterday to play and managed to create 2 cards then gave it up to have an all day online marathon of NCIS. I just recently began wathcing the show as re-runs on USA and thought I'd like to catch up on the plot lines.

Both cards are actually trial runs for my techniques class and I was pleased with the result. I like to add just a little elemental touch but at the same time keep it simple so that we can complete the three cards in the 2 hour class time.

The first card uses the Kissing technique with a pink DP from Stampin'Up! The frame is a left-over scrap from creating THIS card. This is the reason you NEVER THROW AWAY YOUR SCRAPS!!!! Have I ever mentioned that before???
The second card is an embossed piece of Barely Banana cardstock using a technique I made up (I don't think I've seen it anywhere else) called Icy Windows. I'd really like to call it Frosted Windowpanes but I needed an "I" technique for my A to Z techniques theme so Icy Windows it is!

In defense of myself here - I know the little heart brads don't look evenly spaced - but the holes are in the right places. Unfortunately the manufacturer of the brads didn't align the post in the same place making one heart look lower than the other. HONEST - it's the truth!!!!

That's it for me today but be sure to check out Vicki Parson's, blog - Basement Stamper. She is giving away not one - but two - blog candy packages and they are fantastic!!!!


Have a great day today and a wonderful Easter.

Happy Stamping!
Jill

2 comments:

Becky said...

These are gorgeous, I wish I was going to your class :) :).

Lorelie Kim said...

Lovely cards! So elegant!