Thursday, September 24, 2009

Mmm. Mmm. DELICIOUS!!!!

Have you ever tried Raspberries, Celery and Orchids??? What an absolutely DELICIOUS combination of COLORS! Were you expecting a food recipe??? This IS a stamping blog after all. LOL! SU! Rich Razzleberry and Orchid Opulence harmonize perfectly together and then add just a touch of Certainly Celery and BAM!!! it comes alive!

I picked up a few new alcohol based markers last night and woke up early this morning so I could have a chance to try them out before I had to get ready for my day job. I chose this beautiful "Sweet Pea" stamp to try them on and when I finished coloring I realized that the markers match SU! Orchid Opulence PERFECTLY!

The image was stamped in black ink on WHISPER WHITE cardstock then colored with the markers in 3 shades of orchid and 2 shades of green. I outlined the image with pale grey to add a little depth to the image and help it stand out from the background. EGGPLANT ENVY ink was applied to ITTY BITTY BACKGROUNDS and stamped around the image. The vignette effect was created by sponging ORCHID OPULENCE from the outer edges in close to the image, then sponging EGGPLANT ENVY from the outer edges in about half as far as the ORCHID OPULENCE.

I used a CORNER ROUNDER to round all the corners on the base card as well as each mat then layered them into place. Next, I stamped a greeting in EGGPLANT ENVY from the same stamp set as the Sweet Pea. It was punched out using the SMALL OVAL PUNCH and then edge sponged in ORCHID OPULENCE. The hardware is from SU! SILVER HODGE PODGE HARDWARE and is attached with a length of orchid ribbon. The finishing touch is just one small orchid rhinestone in the center of the open Sweet Pea.

Simple, elegant, quick and most of all - DELICIOUS!!!!!

Thanks for stopping in today. Hope you enjoyed the card and will be inspired to get busy and be creative. A day is just not complete for me unless I've had a chance to "play" a little.

Until Next Time -
Happy Stamping!
Jill

5 comments:

Deborah said...

Beautiful and delicious. I love that you always give detailed explanations of how you do cards. Thank you for sharing.
Deborah

Deborah said...

Beautiful and delicious. I like that you always give a detailed explanation of how you created each card. Thank you for sharing.

Louise said...

Jill,
That is a gorgeous card!
Thanks for sharing.

Candy said...

Beautiful colors!

Anonymous said...

The colors are delicious indeed! You did a fab job! Very vivid. Love all your cards here, your box card is super fun!
Thanks for the advice on feedbiltz, I will look into it! I thought once people follow me, my post will atuomatically show on their reading list, well, new bloger here, silly me!
Have a nice weekend

Hugs,
Lily