Thursday, September 3, 2009

STAMPIN'UP! MY DIGITAL STUDIO PREVIEW

Stampin'Up! has released the "MY DIGITAL STUDIO" (MDS) program and downloads for preview by demonstrators. I will be purchasing the full program but I couldn't wait for delivery so I downloaded a few of the downloads (which are included with the full program) so I could play a little tonight.

FUN, FUN, FUN!!!

The program will be available for customer purchase beginning October 1st - and is WELL worth the $79.95 purchase price.

For this card I used MDS Designer Series Paper in Riding Hood Red, Background "Cardstock" also in Riding Hood Red. MDS buttons in white and one of the digital stamp images from the Old St. Nick stamp set. I downloaded the buttons (every core color was included) for $3.95. What is so wonderful about this program is you get the same look but the product is not consumable. YOU NEVER USE THEM UP!!!

If you are like me you need to hold the paper, scissors, punches in your hands so you might not think you would like this. TRUST ME - if you enjoy computer work at all - your'e going to LOVE it. Even if you don't want to completely create your project on the computer think of the money you could save by just purchasing the Designer Paper downloads and printing out just what you need. I purchased the Small Polka Dot Designer Paper download for $3.95 and received the DSP in 34 core colors - (including KRAFT, ALL THE CURRENT INCOLORS and a even few past In-Colors.)

The fun in creating with this program comes from manipulating objects and playing with colors and textures and shapes. I LOVE computer graphics so I find it FUN. However, I also LOVE coloring, and cutting, and pasting, and punching so would NEVER give up my hands-on crafting. I will more than likely use MDS for scrapbooking and continue 3 dimensional card making and crafting. Adding buttons, ribbons, metal objects, layers etc to scrapbooks gets REALLY expensive and makes the books too heavy and cumbersome - not to mention difficult to store. Digital scrapbooking is a wonderful way to cut costs AND save room.

Keep watching - I'm sure you'll be seeing alot of projects made with this program in the next few weeks.

Happy stamping!
Jill

2 comments:

Gloria said...

so, am I looking at a one dimensional card? the buttons and all the layers are printed on?
kind of like clip art?

Louise said...

Jill, that's a beautiful card, but I love buying paper and looking thru the different sheets for projects, plus the cost of a color cartridge has to be taken into consideration.
I can see the benefits if you are in a hurry though. Nice job putting the card together!