Tuesday, September 15, 2009

THE "OFFICIAL" STAMP BRACELET

What EXACTLY is a stamp bracelet??? One that is made from stamping supplies!!!!.

Look at this!!! Isn't it cute????

Really - I think it's a "must have" for every Stampin'Up! demonstrator! I used the Filigree Floral Brads from Stampin'Up! in two sizes and placed a Stampin'Up! Rhinestone Brad through the center of each floral brad. Next I opened the prongs on the rhinestone brads and using needle nose pliers curled the ends making a half loop. Place the jump ring in the half loop and then using the needle nose pliers squeeze the loop closed.

This photo gives you a view of how the brad prongs are bent to hold the jump ring. If you make one yourself make sure to hold the floret facing up and bend the prongs so that the loop faces up - it just works easier. Once you have the jump ring squeezed into place, push the center of the brad so that the prongs lay flat against the back of the flower.

My bracelet took 11 florets and rhinestone brads but for you petite gals it will take less. To obtain the correct size for your wrist just keep placing the bracelet on your wrist as you connect florets.
When the two ends ALMOST touch, STOP. Once you add a jump ring and clasp to each end the bracelet will fit perfectly.

That's it! Quick, easy and totally unique! From start to finish my bracelet took 30 minutes to complete. That's faster than some cards I create! LOL!!!

I'd love to say this was a Jill Haddad original idea - but I can't take the credit. I saw a sweet little braclet using a premade chain from a retail outlet and some "Build a Brads" on another demonstrator's blog - but since I didn't have any "Build a Brads" I had to get creative and make do with what I had on hand.

What do you think? Do you like it?

Happy Stamping!
Jill

5 comments:

Sharon said...

I love it! What a fun project.
Thanks for sharing.

Susan Raihala said...

Totally fun! TFS

StampDancer said...

What a gorgeous idea. Incredibly beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Anne said...

You are brilliant to use what you had on hand! Love the bracelet!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!! BEAUTIFUL!